Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Joining the Blogging World

Sooo....blogging.... I never thought I would actually ever have one of these things, but here we are! I'm one of those people who doesn't have a twitter account and doesn't frequently update my facebook status because I don't like to think that I'm so interesting that people should care what I have to say. I guess a blog is pretty much just me, hoping someone finds what I have to say interesting so....oh well! I've started reading blogs lately and I just find them fascinating. A friend at work told me she likes to read them and follows several. She doesn't know the people, just likes to read them. I thought "well that sounds like something I could do on my days off!" Lo and behold, two weeks later I'm writing my own. It wasn't hard to pick something to write about. One of my biggest hobbies and passions is food. I like shopping for it. I take trips to Central Market sometimes with no plan in mind, just to wander through the aisles, taste things, get inspired and find exotic and rare items that make me excited. Oh, Central Market how I love thee! If you are not fortunate enough to live near one, then I'm sorry. One of my biggest fears about possibly moving someday out of the state is that I would't get to have my Central Market. I know, weird. Don't worry Whole Foods fans, it's a great place, but it's just not the same!! I did also just buy my dinner ingredients at Whole Foods last night, so it's ok. I love eating food also. I try new things and relish eating my old faves. I get excited about going to new restaurants. It's like an adventure! Probably the thing I love the most though is cooking! I don't know when this passion started. I think mostly after I graduated college. I had enough money to buy good ingredients and also plenty of time! I only work three days a week so that left plenty of time to peruse the stores on my day off and make a delicious meal. I've had a lot of good experiences with my cooking and a few not so good. It will be fun to share those experiences. I also hope that you try some of the recipes that I cook and enjoy them! I always do!

2 comments:

  1. I so miss central market!!! It's hard enough to get everyday stuff like milk and eggs here in Nocona, I'm out of luck on fresh produce or anything exotic. That's one of the many reasons I planted my own garden this year...already looking forward to next year so I can try growing more things! I'm excited to read your blog Sara! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I've *MISSED* Whole Foods ever since I moved back to Fort Worth... I have to settle for Central Market. I'll trade you! :)

    - Julie

    ReplyDelete